I am a multi-language programmer with over 8 years experience in variety of environments, languages and paradigms. I am quick to adapt to new situations and always interested in learning new skills. My ability to assess problems, clearly explain them and quickly produce solutions has been extremely useful in my previous R&D roles as well as prototyping in a single-application environment.
- Additional working knowledge Lua and C++ (Arduino) with previous experience in Typescript, C++11, Perl and PHP
- Previously worked with various low-level constructs such as raw TCP networking, multithreading/concurrency and direct OpenGL graphics work
Recent Personal Projects
- SoundCloudinator – A series of tools and plugins in various languages to assist in the management of the music blog Fresh On The Net (http://freshonthenet.co.uk)
- Lexical BASIC - an ECMA-55 Minimal BASIC parser written in Lua
- Database.lua – A generic MySQL wrapper that extends multiple differing wrappers into a single unified interface using promises. Written in Lua, designed for Garry’s Mod
- Sourcebans.lua – A replacement for the SourceBans module written in Lua for greater integration with Garry’s Mod.
- NPC Spawn Platforms - A popular addon for Garry’s Mod that allows players to stage massive battles on the fly with various built-in logic systems to keep it interesting
- Wulf - A remake of Wolfenstein 3D written in C++ and OpenGL 3.2.
Open Source Contributions
- Color Collapse - A Chrome browser extension to help colourblind users navigate the internet. I provided considerable optimisations to the algorithms, providing a smoother browsing experience.
- LHS BikeShed - A physical spaceship simulator/game built into an old caravan. I am currently refactoring the Arduino code that controls the various lights within the cabin, and contributed some OpenGL shaders to improve the special effects on player screens.
- 2017 Onwards: Lyst, a fashion search engine - Maintaining and improving the backend services and internal tools
- 2015 - 2017: Smarkets, a startup betting exchange - Extensive refactor of a legacy web system, formed a 5 person team that went on to build a new mobile site using ReactJS
- 2012 - 2015: Playgen, a small Serious & Educational Games R&D company Rose to Technical Director as the company grew and oversaw 6 developers and 10 successful projects in a mix of EU research programs and commercial contracts
- 2008-2012: Various freelance game related work
- Computer Engineering BEng Hons from Queen Mary, University of London (2012)
- 4 A-Levels (Computing, Physics, Maths, Further Maths) from Graveney School
In my spare time I am very interested in games, both playing them and building or modifying them. I regularly visit The London Hackspace (https://hack.rs) where I work on my own projects and sometimes assist others in theirs.
For a PDF version (with contact information), please contact me using the link below.